Friday, December 6, 2013

Guest Photos~Jenny

Jenny sent close-ups of the cages I mentioned on the previous entry.  These three are close-ups from the brass and glass one on the second shelf of the group picture.  It has the porcelain feeders with the glass seed guards on the sides.
 Magnificent close-up of the main window on the front and back.
Jenny:  "I'm not sure where or when this cage is from, the lady I purchased it from said she had no info on it."



Jenny:  "This I bought on ebay then drove over near Disneyland to pick up, it came with the 2 occupied Japanese owl feeders.
It was kept inside, was incredibly clean and shiny and has a twist off bottom. I think it was a older lady who collected things, the house was packed with figurines and antiques, this was the only birdcage there though.
 Jenny:  "Shot of the round cage with the owls in.
I see this come up on Ebay now and again, in different metals. I think I paid 150 for this, I purposely haven't kept financial track or it would scare me!"
Keith, in NJ, has a similar cage and states that his cage is tagged "Pacific".  The Pacific Cage Co. is known for making very creative and wonderful cages.  Thanks for the addition, Keith.


 Jenny:  "This cage was painted over, I usually don't go for those, but I loved the Chinese clips."



Jenny:  "The drop shaped cage came from a craigslist ad in the Hollywood hills. It had come with the house and the new owner thought it might be worth 75.00. I called and managed to be first on the list. It was stripped of any feeders or stand-  they had used it for candles for years outside.  It was hard to clean.
 "It's one of my very favorites because of the shape and the patina. I have seen the one on Northfork Pets and the bright shiny finish and stand make it look like an different thing altogether."



Jenny, thank you for your contributions to this blog.  I appreciate you sharing your cherished cages.  For those of us who collect and care intensely for our cages, it's like talking about a dear friend.  It makes us happy.

If you have some cages you want to share, you can be a guest on this blog and share your cages...they don't have to be Hendryx.  You can share your hearts and cages with us.  We will treasure them too.


Send your text and photos to tweetthings53@gmail.com and I will post them.

1 comment:

Bower said...

If anyone has any info regarding these cages, please let me know. I am interested to see if anyone else has them in different variations.
Thanks!
Jenny