Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Grouping cages for impact

We recently saw a display of cages by Jenny which she hung on a wall in her home.  Here is a response from Sue:

I thought I would send a picture of the finished shelving project. Eric built these shelves from scratch. I thought he did a great job. A BIG thank you to Barbara and to Jenny for inspiring me to do a better job displaying my cages. They are a much bigger impact together.




She also included follow-up on the Butler cage:  Also just a quick update. I had noticed a cage that Jenny had was similar to one I had. I had speculated about the Butler Company who I thought may have been the maker. Thanks to Barbara's sharp eyes, a catalog page from a Butler's Company Wholesale catalog advertised my cage. I believe the catalog sold items but did not manufacture them. So the origin of the name "Butler cage" was solved but not name of the company that actually made the cage.

Jenny responded with a new wall grouping which includes part of her cactus collection, a small travelling cage at the top left and a handmade Moroccan cage in the bottom right.


Each cage in our collection makes a statement of its own.  Grouped together, as seen in these photos, they make a larger statement and impact.

Please write to tweetthings53@gmail.com and send your photos of your cage displays.  I will include them as guest photos.

Happy Holiday hunting.
Barbara

2 comments:

Sailgirlsue said...

Jenny, you have a great eye! You are so creative in how you display your cages. That looks really wonderful!

Bower said...

Thank you Sue, I appreciate that!

I think your husband did a great job with your grouping and shelves. Such a beautiful collection.
On the top shelf middle, I love the Osborn with the sort of triple tier twists. I may have seen that one once before, but without the bottom part. I'd love to see a closer picture of the cages.
Each cage has a certain "personality" is what I've always thought though that may sound a little odd.
Thanks for sharing, I love looking at birdcages!