Sunday, December 8, 2013

Guest Photos~Sue

Sue is an avid antique collector who sent photos of some her cages.  I thought I'd add them here so you can see them.  They are wonderful, old works of art.


Sue:  "A pre1900 Osborn complete with seed guard and original feeders and perches!"


Sue:  "A 1882 Revolving Wheel Cage. (Hendryx) I can date this because I have an original catalog page from the F.  Witte Catalog dated 1882. You could have purchased this cage through the catalog."


Sue:  "A early 1900's Hendryx that is very heavy and solid. This cage may for its time been a more expensive cage as the construction is very strong. The feeders are the originals. They have been slightly damaged over time."


Sue:  "A small early Hendryx and a Mushroom Hendryx. Both of these cages are very early. The Mushroom cage has T feeders which may make it pre1900."
Sue:  "These are a few of the cages I would like to display. I really think I can do a better job to make them a visual statement. I collect a variety of antiques. I don't polish them as the original patina is more valuable. It is something only time can do."

Thanks for all of the ideas!!!
Sue


Do you see what I mean when I say "art"?  They are wonderful.  Thank you, Sue.

Please feel free to send your pictures to me at tweetthings53@gmail.com along with your descriptions of the cages.  I will add you as a guest.  We'd love to see your cages.
Barbara

2 comments:

Bower said...

Sue, I am in love with the ferris wheel cage! What a beauty and so delicate. You have a great collection.
Before I saw this blog I really didn't know anyone who collected birdcages...by the dozen. I'm so glad they are being loved and appreciated.

Sailgirlsue said...

Jenny- Welcome to our little group of fanatics. Not only do we collect them, we try to restore them as near to their original condition as possible. Some of us even keep birds in them.

You have some great cages and I think your round cage has been identified as a Pacific. Keep those pictures coming. That harp cage is just fabulous!