Saturday, June 6, 2015

Hendryx seed guard scavenger hunt

There is a reader who contacted me with an item request.  I am passing it on to you.  For all the Hendryx collectors "out there", please look over your surplus parts and pieces.  Keep your eyes open.  I would like you to join a scavenger hunt.



The photo above is taken from the 1949 Hendryx trade catalog.  It shows two chromium cages.  The scalloped cage on the left has glass seed guards with the "fired on" black and white design.  The one on the right has a plain, rounded top and has bound plastic seed guards.

The reader is looking for these seed guards.  They are a thick vinyl-like plastic that are material-bound on the edges, that go on the front, back, and both sides of the cage. 

If you have some that are available for purchase, please write to me at my email address tweetthings53@gmail.com.  Or leave a comment here.  I appreciate your help as this reader continues the quest to complete a Hendryx cage.

Thank you.
Barbara

2 comments:

Sailgirlsue said...

You throughly know your subject, Barbara. I am always impressed at your knowledge and ability to make your subject interesting. I love the cages from this time period. Those Pyrelin feeders are so cool and extremely hard to find. You are right about the amazing variation of the Hendryx cages. Thanks once again for sharing your amazing knowledge.

Snooks said...

Still looking for the heavy plastic ones that fit into sides of steel slots. Most are just straight up and down at edges and do not completely fit entire slot opening. I sure appreciate our friend for writing trying to locate these for me. I love her (Hendryx Hoarder) sight.